Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cooperation at the jail

This past week I have been trying to help a detainee in the McHenry County Jail. The young man is a college student and apparently ran afoul of immigration laws, when he was unable to register for the current semester at a Community College in south Chicago because he was short on funds.

ICE scooped him up on Tuesday and is housing him in our "hotel" right here in Woodstock at $90 (or so) per day.

The woman with whom he was lodging emailed me at 3:00AM on Wednesday, and I visited him on Wednesday night. Detainees (and inmates) are permitted visitors on only one day of a week.

Then I had several contacts with Jail staff, when email to him could not be sent. They got that problem solved within 3-4 hours.

So my own experience with contacts with jail staff have been satisfactory.

Yet it appears all may not be well, as far as contacts at the jail by other people. As soon as I have full details on that, I'll post them here.

If you have had contact with McHenry County jail personnel, how have you been treated? Politely? Respectfully?

4 comments:

Franker said...

Hey Gussy-you do know its a jail right moron?

Gus said...

Uh, yeah, Frankie. And your point is?

Another Lawyer said...

Its probably time to let Frank go, as a poster. His contributions are not all that helpful and he insults people rather than discussing the topic.

What do you think?

Gus said...

I'm hoping that Frank will change his tune and begin to offer comments of value.

I've been willing to go ahead and post his comments, ever hopeful for change.