Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dems - Heroes? Pass the barf bag

I have no idea how I ended up on the Democratic Party's email distribution list, but the Subject Line in an email this morning almost made me throw up.

"Heroes under attack"

Who? What heroes?

They meant the 219 Dems who rolled over on Sunday night and passed Obamacare.

Heroes? They've got to be kidding.

The term "hero" has been diminished over the years by its casual use.

Maybe the "heroes" were the Dems who voted against Obamacare. But even they weren't "heroes". They were merely members of the House of Representatives who voted against it. And the Republican House members weren't "heroes", either.

There aren't any heroes in government. They are just people elected, appointed or hired. Nothing about government employment would get any of them anywhere close to Hero status.

Perhaps I ought to opt out of their mailings, but then I would miss the stupidity of their mailings.

No comments: