Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Me first! Outa my way...

Don't you just have to love aggressive drivers?

This morning this vehicle was stopped behind me on Route 47, in front of Walgreen's. I was stopped northbound at the red light, when she rolled up behind me.

When the light turned green, I started up promptly and remained in the through lane. And the driver behind me? Quickly over into the right-hand lane, stomped on the gas, passed me - and cut back in at the exit from Jewel-Osco. And then stopped at the red light at Irving Road, by Wendy's.

Traffic hadn't started to move again, as I took this picture.

I'll bet she was really happy and pleased with herself that she beat me to the next red light. For a good look at the car and license plate, click on the photo. Then click on the Back button on your browser to come back here.

5 comments:

Debra said...

Gus this is one of my pet peeves. I have never in my life seen more ahole drivers than in Woodstock. The jerks that just have to turn right in front of on coming traffic going from Lake onto 47 is another maddening corner. These people are just plain rude and have issues with entitlement that I abhor!!!! Good for you to take a pic and post them! Keep up the good work.

Gus said...

Thanks, Debra!

Lots of tickets could be written for red-light violations in both directions from Lake Avenue to Route 47. WPD could use a spotter and then an officer on foot to flag down the violator.

This would be a much better use of two-man teams than for seat belt enforcement.

Debra said...

Or.... they should make that a NO turn on red corner. Setting the stop light at McConnell and 47 to correspond to the light on 47 and Lake would help also. I know.... that is waaayyyyy to logical for some to get. :)

Jen said...

Gus and Debra,

People always, constantly cut me off there at that exact same spot Gus had mentioned in his post! People in Woodstock have road rage issues when driving! Another bad spot? By Culver's on Route 14 heading towards Mercy hospital and Crystal Lake with the cemetery on the right. There are two lanes that start merging into one. People seem to think that's a racing strip there. I've had people try to run me off the road just to get ahead of me, which does not get them to their destination any faster really...

Gus said...

Thanks, Jen & Debra. Yes, if the Woodstock Police really want to curb dangerous driving, those of the drivers they should nail. Of course, it would take some creativity and some ingenuity to nab them. But why not? Oh, yes; it is harder to catch them.

So they pick on the "low-hanging" fruit, instead; like seatbelt compliance near the Square or on Route 47 at Lake Ave.